Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Freaking out a bit, turning 30 in a couple of days!!!

So, how do I do this?

I'm just going to rant and please don't take anything personal in this post.

I love the 20s and on Thursday I won't be in my 20s anymore. I'm turning 30. To me, that's a lot to handle because I feel like I'm not completely satisfied with what I've accomplished during my 20s. Things I SHOULD have done while in my 20s and not in my 30s. But then again, who is 100% satisfied? Are you satisfied?

Even though I don't want to, I still feel the panic. I wouldn't call it a crisis, but a mild panic attack. On second thought, S***, maybe I'm going through a crisis.

Does this sound familiar?


Yeah, thought so.

To me it basically means; do what you love now and not later, because later might be too late.

I'm not implying that my 30s will be the death of my plans. But we do live in a society that indirectly requires some progress in our lives. School - graduation - maybe travel a little - get a steady job - buy your own place - meet Mr. or Mrs. Perfect- get married - kids.

The strength lies in doing what you want in the order you want, despite of what society is about. 

I still don't know what to do in life (even if I should know by now).

But one thing is for sure; I have to face my 30s.
I just need to decide that the 30s are going to be the best :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your post reminded me of this brilliant film I just watched, narrated by Alan Watts..."What if Money didn't matter"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nif01WZ9aI

...and my 30th birthday was a disaster, full panick, crisis, so you have my full sympathy ;) But being 30 is great, it's just the transition that can be scary! :)